|Admins (nominations)||Moderators (requests)||Rollback (Requests)||User groups|
See a list of users with moderator rights here.
Moderators are members of the community who have a few additional abilities to help administrators maintain the wiki. They are able to remove and restore replies that are not their own on message walls and forum threads, under conditions established by our discussion policy. They also have the ability to close and highlight threads.
In addition to following all relevant behavioral policies, moderators must not:
- Consider comments from different users to have different status. The contributions of administrators should be checked as vigorously as those of new users.
- Use their abilities to censor or otherwise unfairly inhibit reasonable discussion.
- Misapply or selectively apply behavioral policies in their moderating role.
These guidelines are assumed to apply equally to administrators.
If it is believed that privileges are being abused by a moderator, the following process should be applied.
- Communication with the moderator must be attempted. Leave a polite message for the contributor instructing them that their conduct may be harming community cohesion. If multiple attempts fail to have an impact, the user should be advised that removal of their rights may be an option.
- If further attempts at communication and rectification of conduct continue to fail, removal of moderator rights will be considered by an active administrator. If a decision to remove moderator rights is taken, detailed reasoning must be provided on the wall of the affected user in order to satisfy a standard of accountability. One or more of the following must be shown:
- Sustained, deliberate misuse of the privileges given to moderators
- Sustained failure to follow behavioral policies in their entirety
- Sustained failure to follow the conduct guidelines outlined further above
A summary removal of moderator rights does not preclude a user from reapplying for those rights later.
Moderators should remain active to assist the wiki, having been entrusted with additional user rights by its community.
- An active status is defined as:
- A steady flow of contributions.
- Reasonable speed in replying to user talk messages, defined as replying before the poster of the user talk message is forced to make an alternative consultation.
- If the moderator is not active under the definition above for a period of three months, removal of user rights will take place by an active administrator.
Becoming a moderator
On Adventure Communist Wiki, users with a strong history of comment moderation may be granted moderator rights by requesting it at requests for moderator rights.