|Admins (nominations)||Moderators (requests)||Rollback (Requests)||User groups|
|Tim Adopted this wiki after the previous Admin was inactive for 2 years he is from New Zealand and loves Adventure Communist he is striving to make this wiki better.||Inactive
|LoafCat20 Adopted this wiki after the previous Admin was inactive for 2 years (again). LoafCat is also a moderator of the unofficial Discord server.||Active
|A trusted member that has been granted administrator rights to help maintain the wiki, he is also known as googologies on Reddit and Discord.||Active
|A trusted member that has been granted administrator rights to help maintain the wiki.||Active
Administrators are experienced and trusted members of the Adventure Communist Wiki community who have access to restricted technical features ("tools") which help with maintenance. They are also useful as moderators in community discussion and interaction.
Those seeking help can turn to an administrator for advice and information. However, administrators are not a smaller, "more powerful" subset of users, and content and policy decisions are the responsibility of the entire community.
- Delete pages, page histories, files etc.
- Rename files (these are mainly images and videos).
- Lock (protect) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without administrator rights.
- Block an IP address or user name from editing.
- Revert bad edits more easily using a "rollback" link.
- Edit the MediaWiki namespace to make changes to the interface.
As part of adminship, administrators are expected to use their abilities where it is considered necessary. Administrators should also watch the (WIll add this later) whenever they can.
Administrators have been entrusted with the means to maintain the overall quality of the site. With this in mind:
- Administrators have no right to authority over the content and policies of the wiki. The administrators' authority is as large as the community would like it to be.
- Administrators are, however, responsible for addressing disruption on the wiki by other users, including breaches of civility.
- Administrators do not own the site. They cannot shut out the opinions of others.
- Abuse of administrator privileges may result in the removal of user rights after community discussion.
- Administrator privileges may also be temporarily revoked by a bureaucrat in extreme cases. If this occurs, a community discussion will still take place to determine if administrator privileges should be reinstated.
Administrators should remain active to assist the wiki, having been entrusted with additional user rights by its community.
- An active status is defined as:
- A steady flow of contributions.
- Reasonable speed in replying to user talk messages, defined as replying before the poster of the user talk message is forced to make an alternative consultation.
- If the administrator is not active under the definition above for a period of six months, removal of user rights may take place by an active bureaucrat.
Becoming an administrator
Although there are only 3 administrators, this number may increase as the wiki grows. When a position is open, rollback users or moderators who have distinguished themselves over a period of time may be nominated for administratorship.